Library Room

 

The McFarland Historical Society made a substantial donation to the E.D. Locke Library in McFarland and thus, a Local History Room in the Library was included in the new construction and dedicated to our organization.  It is a quiet room offering local history books and other materials and displays.  Vistors are encouraged to sign the guest book in the room.

Bernie Braun contributed some of his purple slag glass collection for the display case in the Historical Society's Reference Room on a temporary basis. The historic glass made primarily in England and the US during the 1800's and through the mid 1900's.  

An earlier display featured the dairy industry in McFarland and elsewhere.